At Terry's Personal Training and Bootcamps we are committed to protecting your personal information and being transparent about what information we hold about you.
The purpose of this policy is to give you a clear explanation about how we collect and use the information we collect from you directly and from third parties.
We use your information in accordance with all applicable laws concerning the protection of personal information. This policy explains:
- What information we may collect about you
- How we may use that information
- In what situations we may disclose your details to third parties
- If you have any queries about this policy, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
We collect various types of information and in a number of ways:
Information you give us
For example, when you register on our website, attend a session or make a purchase, we will store personal information you give us such as your name, email address, postal address, or telephone number. We will also store a record of your purchases.
Information about others
We may also collect and store personal information about other people that you provide to us. If you use our website to send others (friends, relatives, colleagues, etc.) a product as a gift, information that may interest them or messages (such as invitations) through our system, we may store your personal information, and the personal information of each such recipient. Similarly, if you use our website to upload, share and/or distribute content (including, comments or other submissions), and such content contains personal information about others, such information may be stored in order to allow for such uploading, sharing and/or distribution.
Information about your interactions with us
For example, when you visit our website, we collect information about how you interact with our content and ads. In the case of emails we keep a record of which ones you have been sent, have opened and which links you have clicked on.
Information from third parties
We occasionally receive information about you from third parties. For example, we may use third party research companies to provide general information about you, compiled using publicly available data.
Sensitive personal data
Data Protection law recognises that certain categories of personal information are more sensitive such as health information. We do not usually collect this type of information about our customers unless there is a clear reason for doing so, for example so that we can tailor your personal training to help meet your health objectives. We will only use this information in order to facilitate your sessions or otherwise accommodate your needs and it will not form part of any of the other processing described in this policy.
There are three bases under which we may process your data:
When you make a purchase from us, you are entering into a contract with us. In order to perform this contract we need to process and store your data. For example we may need to contact you by email or telephone in the case of cancellation of a session, or in the case of problems with your payment.
Legitimate business interests
In certain situations we collect and process your personal data for purposes that are in our legitimate organisational interests. However, we only do this if there is no overriding prejudice to you by using your personal information in this way. We describe below all situations where we may use this basis for processing.
With your explicit consent
For any situations where the two bases above are not appropriate, we will instead ask for your explicit consent before using your personal information in that specific situation.
We use our legitimate organisational interest as the legal basis for communications by Post.
When submitting your email address and/or mobile phone number via a signup for on this site, we will ask you if you would like us to use your contact details to send you marketing communications. In addition, you can unsubscribe by following the instructions below:
- In the case of postal mailings, you may object to receiving these at any time using the contact details at the end of this policy.
- In the case of email, we will provide you with an option to unsubscribe in every email that we send you, or you can alternatively use the contact details at the end of this policy.
- In the case of SMS, we will provide you with an option to unsubscribe in every SMS by replying with the STOP keyword, or you can alternatively use the contact details at the end of this policy.
We will also communicate with you by post, email and/or SMS when you specifically request information from us. For example, when you fill in the your email address and/or mobile number on the forms on our website, we will reach out to you with information about upcoming bootcamp and personal training sessions.
We may also need to communicate with you to give you important updates about your orders with us, to confirm your details, or for the purposes of two factor authentication. These transactional communications may be by email, post, telephone, SMS or other messaging channels.
Other processing activities
In addition to marketing communications, we also process personal information in the following ways that are within our legitimate organisational interests:
- We may analyse data we hold about you to ensure that the content and timing of communications that we send you are as relevant to you as possible.
- We may analyse data we hold about you in order to identify and prevent fraud.
- In order to improve our website we may analyse information about how you use it and the content and advertisements that you interact with and to develop and display content and advertising tailored to your interests on our site and other sites.
- You have the right to object to any of this processing at any time. If you wish to do this, please use the contact details at the end of this policy.
There are certain circumstances under which we may disclose your personal information to third parties. These are as follows:
- To our own service providers who process data on our behalf and on our instructions (for example our marketing software provider). In these cases we require that these third parties comply strictly with our instructions and with data protection laws, for example around security of personal data.
- Where we are under a duty to disclose your personal information in order to comply with any legal obligation (for example to government bodies and law enforcement agencies).
- To other businesses who offer services which you may be interested in. In these cases we will always ask for your explicit consent for each partner business before doing so.
We do not set any cookies ourselves, but some of the providers that we use to manage our website do.
Cloudflare: The __cfduid cookie is used to identify individual clients behind a shared IP address and apply security settings on a per-client basis. It does not store any personally identifiable information. This cookie is absolutely necessary for supporting Cloudflare's security features and cannot be turned off.
Contact details and further information
Start shaping the
“Terry is a great motivator but also makes the session fun. Friendly and affordable with no commitment. Just turn up and gfi. You'll know about it in the morning.”— Stephen Cawkwell, Facebook Review